From appearance point of view it is already clear that the reasons why westerners must not Cosplay our Anime/Asian characters are because those westerners are committing racism against us Asians and also ruining our Anime characters which hurt millions of peoples [ our Anime fans ]. That is because we Asians make our Anime/Asian characters based on us Asians including based on our youthful Asian appearance while those westerners are not look the same as us Asians and those westerners also look much older than their real age which make those westerners look too old cosplaying our Anime/Asian characters. This proven by the fact of our Anime fans don't like western cosplayers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT-EzudJXmY
From cultural point of view the reasons why those westerners must not Cosplay our Anime/Asian characters are because of the difference between our Asian cultures and those westerners western cultures, such as :
1. Our Anime/Asian characters childish appearance and attitude
It is seen negative in those westerners western culture for adults [ peoples over 17 years old ] to act and look childish while in our Asian cultures it is seen positive because our Asian culture highly value cuteness and innocentness. In our Asian culture someone called as an adult is not based on how they act or look like but based on their age which lead to us Asians have many age related traditions such as the coming of age tradition in Japan including the tradition for those who have reach their adulthood, while in those westerners western culture someone called as an adult is based on how they act or look like such as how those westerners western society value female adulthood based on how much skin they show. In the worse case an adult who try to act and look childish will be called as pedophile-bait in those westerners western society. Another fact of this can be seen at how being called as a doll are seen as negative in those westerners western culture while in our Asian culture being called as a doll is the highest praise for someone appearance, for example when someone said 'you look like a doll' will mean as 'you look very cute and youthful' in our Asian society.
One of the biggest evidence of this is maid cafe, for us Asians maid cafe are seen as like other typical cafes which is a place where peoples can order foods, drinks and also doing cute stuffs with the maid which are seen like typical other waitress, the only difference is the theme where in maid cafe the theme is cuteness and innocentness just like other theme based cafes such as music cafe, Manga cafe, etc. As for westerners maid cafe are seen as prostitution related place where peoples can do sexual things to the maid there which are seen as prostitute.
2. Our Anime/Asian terms
For example when our Anime girls call their boyfriend with the term 'big/older brother' where in those westerners western culture it is seen negative while not in our Asian culture because that is how our Asian girls call their Asian boyfriend, this is because of our Asian girls submissive nature so calling their boyfriend with the term 'big brother' are to show their submissiveness just like how a little sister will obey and follow her big brother, this is also because of our Asian guys preference over cute submissive girls. The fact of this seen negative in those westerners western culture can be seen at our Manga, Anime, Asian movie, etc media which those westerners translated into their western languages where the term changed from big brother into something such as darling or by just simply calling their birth name [ which is rude in our Asian culture], in some case to keep the atmosphere as original as possible the term are not changed at all such as in our Manga and Anime where the term stay as 'oniisan' [ big brother in Japanese language ] and not even changed into big brother due to the negative view of those westerners western culture about it. This is the reason why the quality of our Manga, Anime, Asian movie, etc are decreased when subbed/dubbed into western languages.
To avoid misconceptions from westerners who read this, our Asian culture related to this issue need to be explained further.
1. Not just Japanese, other Asians also use the same term of "big/older brother" when our Asian girls call their Asian boyfriend such as oppa in Korea, abang in Indonesia, etc that all have the same meaning of "big brother" with the only difference in the word used due to languages difference.
2. This has nothing to do with age because even when the girl is older she still call her boyfriend as "big brother", as has been stated before the term is used to show her submissiveness.
3. It does not always mean our Asian girls referring to their boyfriend when they call a guy as "big brother" because the word could mean that the guy is actually their blood-brother or could mean as someone they respect. There is a very easy way to see the difference which is by how our Asian girls tell their friends about the guy :
- If the guy are really her boyfriend then she will tell her friends that the guy is her "big brother", usually her friends who are curious while don't know about her family members will end up asking her if the guy is her blood-brother which she will answer no if the guy is her boyfriend. Especially to her families such as "he is your big brother" when she is asked by her little sister or little brother, "he is my big brother" when asked by her mom, auntie or her other female family members but not when asked by her dad, big brother, uncle or her other male family members who are older than her because she will simply said the guy as her friend due to our Asian girls are also shy natured.
- If the guy is just her friend or someone she respect then she will simply said that the guy is her friend or someone she know.
Anyway this fact of how our Asian girls call their boyfriend as big brother are showing how we Asians genetically are just 1 big family, genetically peoples who share the same genetics root will end up doing similar things with the intention to achieve the same result even when they live in different places or even if they never met with each others.